Thursday, October 13, 2005

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
--Robert Frost

Write about something that you thought was one thing...but was really another.
I hate pickles. In a get-this-off-my-plate-I-can't-even-touch-it sort of way.
Around Christmastime when I was five years old, my brother Brandon said, "Beth! Close your eyes and open your mouth...I have a piece of chocolate for you!"
(note: my childhood nickname--and to be honest, a nickname my brothers still love to use--was "Sugarbear" because of my unending sweet tooth)
So, being gullible and a sugar freak, I did what I was told.
And he gave me a pickle slice from the refrigerator.
Now, that may not sound that bad, but when you are expecting a nice melty, Christmasy piece of chocolate and get a briney, crunchy pickle...
Well, then, you'd hate pickles too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha Beth. Another funny story. haha We call my dog Sugarbear (her name is Sugar) :) talk to you soon
-Amanda

Sunday, October 23, 2005 12:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home