Monday, September 26, 2005

"Perhaps there is only one cardinal sin: impatience. Because of impatience we were driven out of Paradise, because of impatience we cannot return." --W. H. Auden

What do people think of me? What do they misunderstand?
People either think I'm creative, funny (or strange), emotional (um, moody), or smart...it depends on the context. They don't think all of these things at once, but my family may say I'm emotional, while the youth at my old church thought I was strange or funny, and my students might think I sit at home and read vocabulary words all day! Does that mean I change to fit my surroundings? Probably so. One of the most important things to me is to be authentic...to be the truest form of myself always.
People just see different facets, like the turning of a prism. Maybe that's why I seem moody...
I do think people misunderstand me sometimes. I am usually a quiet person at first. My family and friends would laugh at that description! My brother Brandon says I have a "volume problem:" when I get excited about things, I almost yell. I love laughing and making jokes. Whether it's witty or sarcastic...I sometimes don't know when to stop. So, there are two sides of me--a quiet thinker, a lover of words and beauty, listening to music, drinking coffee...then there is the loud joker, getting the last word, shouting for attention. Maybe it's the coffee. Because of that faceted-ness, I am misunderstood--you see my quiet side, you miss the fun stuff. Or vice-versa. I battle more with the loud/funny overshadowing the quietness.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Brown, It is Andy Smith. I am in your 7th-8th Grade Newspaper class. Hi!

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 11:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home