Thursday, September 22, 2005

What do I like most about class?
Seeing the students each day, and getting to know them. It's so different than being a youth leader, when I only saw my youth twice a week. And sometimes not even that much. I enjoy laughing with my students, figuring out their personalities, and helping them succeed. I look forward to showing them this world of literature that I love so much. Most of all, I await the chance to share my faith story with each of them.
What would I change?

Oh, if I could, I would not grade. But grades are leverage, they wake some people up to the good stuff. I, of course, wish for classloads of students who adore writing and writers and could not wait to discuss literature. But, then again, there's no challenge in that. There's no teacher there, really. Honestly, it's my prayer that my students come to see me as a person who's a teacher instead of just Teacher.
What am I most looking forward to?

I really look forward to passing on my love of writing, to help students find their voice. The written word is vital in so many areas of life. I look forward to presenting novels in creative ways--watching movie clips, listening to songs, and forming opinions.
I really want to start a literary magazine, a showcase for writers and artists. We will see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home