Friday, September 16, 2005

What are your "lost words?" (what is something you wish you had said?"
I have so many. As much as I love words, I can be shy when it comes to expressing my feelings--I'm not that assertive. So when it comes to telling someone how I feel, or if they've hurt me, it's difficult. I can write it, but sometimes I can't say it.
I'm afraid that might make me seem cold or even distant. Snobby?
I left my youth ministry position back in May. A wonderful, life-changing sort of job. I met amazing people, and I grew so much from it. And leaving was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Not because I was not ready for the change: I truly believe that God is ready to bring someone new to that church and that position. But the hard part was wrapping words around how I felt about those three years--how thankful I was, and how tired!
We live in a world of cliche. We say "awesome" when something is not really awe inspiring but just "okay." We say that we "love" Starbucks when we really mean it's "good" stuff.
Oh, well. I'm just rambling, really. My prayer would be to have my eyes opened--to have sincere words ready. To wake up to the opportunity of expression.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey miss brown! i just wanted to say that i'm sorry if i'm talking too much in your class. haha...i guess that sounds really dumb. oh well, i think that you (of all people) would appreciate that. i mean, anyone who loves coldplay would!! haha...thats basically all i know about you, so i have to keep bringing it up! :)

anyways, i also wanted to say that i thoroughly enjoy your class. it's a great way to end the day and you are so happy all the time! it's refreshing to have a teacher that doesn't take her problems out on her students, but just unconditionally loves them....not to say that every other teacher at southside is like that. they're all cool. but you're SUPER cool! hahaha...sorry. i'm a weirdo. but i just wanted to say thanks. and sorry if this sounds like sucking up. i promise i'm not trying to.
God bless!
love, melissa thaddaeus

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 5:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s.: you're very wise...man, all of these blogs are hardcore...and deep (but a 'deep' that i can understand)!

i guess i would be wise if i wrote an 89-page paper too! haha

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 5:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home