Thursday, November 17, 2005

"Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity!" --Henry David Thoreau
What is one thing that you can do to simplify your life?
My students today came up with some bizarre answers to this journal topic. Shave your head? Wear togas? Get rid of...food?
My life would be more simple if I worried less, gave up my moments of analyzing. I vacillate between my desire to accept that extreme thought is just a part of who I am, and a strong desire to use this as a growing curve. There are moments where worry and over-analyzation take up so much of my time. I tell myself that it's unproductive, then I realize that I am worrying about my worrying!
It's truly a matter of faith, isn't it? Learning to trust the Lord's leanings, to truly give yourself over to the Otherness of this faith-life is difficult. It's easier to remain fractured and comfortable...and in control. But a simple way of life is paring down to the minimum, giving over worry and spend that time in thankfulness and therefore enjoying life.
Plus, I do not think the bald look is for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home