Tuesday, March 28, 2006

"I learned never to empty the well of my writing, but always to stop when there was still something there in the deep part of the well, and let it refill at night from the springs that fed it." --Ernest Hemingway
When is the last time you had a moment to re-charge? Write about it.
...as if I'm a robot. Anyway, it was my journal topic. I don't know if I'm supposed to make fun of it.
On Sunday, I finally put curtains up in my bedroom. And as I stepped back to admire my handiwork (used power tools and everything), I thought, this is the first time I have been quiet in a long time.
I enjoy most of all being silent--comfortably so--with someone else. When you've reached the point where you can just sit back and enjoy. And I think in a way, there comes a time where you have to do the same thing with your inside self. To enjoy the silence. To enjoy being with yourself, who you are, the Beauty and Oneness within. It's hard to do and feels so strange and awkward...but once you are used to being alone and quiet it is wonderful.
Then you begin to feel a loss when there is so much that is loud around you and seek out spaces for Sabbath. To shut out the noise and static.
That's what I was doing Sunday afternoon. I didn't try for it, it just Happened. And I'm thankful.
The curtains are lovely crewel-work transluscent white. I see them each morning and they make me happy. They help me remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home